Saturday, June 30, 2012

Onwards & upwards

...And another 365 days flies past!

So, whats been happening?

In a word: Lots.

For the official story, then check out LEAF Sheffield (...see link below...).

For the unofficial story, then I'm afraid you're going to have to get to know me better than this.

You're going to have to go out of your way to buy me a coffee, and be prepared to sit through quite frankly unbelievable tales of fun and frolics.

But then, why should you want to?

So lets just leave it there, eh?

Gone are the days of high madness, then coming straight back here to tell the world about it.

I'm enjoying a quiet retirement.

But a very quick potted history of the last 12 months?  Here goes...

My cat, Alfie, is still a rat, and all the more beautiful because of it. He loves his dad, and that's the main thing.

I have a 'new' Bang & Olufsen Hi-Fi (!) It's an old Beocenter 1900 I picked up from eBay for a ridiculously paltry sum.  It wasn't working when it arrived (...hence the paltry sum), but I'm resurrecting it gradually.

A very enjoyable job that keeps me off the streets at night.

I have my own allotment over at the same site as LEAF. It's all planted up, but I need to get down there pretty soon because of the weeds threatening everything.

My alcohol intake has dwindled down to nothing. ...Completely dry for the last three months exactly.

And finally, I don't know quite why this has happened, but I appear to have stopped biting my finger nails.

Minor in the whole scheme of things, but when you consider I'd bitten them for forty years, you've just got to ask yourself; 'Why now??'

Bizarre, but there we go.

Anyway, I'd better get off.

I'll maybe check back with you in, say, a years time?

1 comment:

Johnny Virgil said...

I think you have it backwards. It's very hard to hold an alcoholic beverage when you have those 12" fingernails. :)